Occupied...

Since our unfortunate turn of events yesterday, I've decided to keep myself as occupied as possible today. Kira has done a fairly decent job with her two joeys that will be OOP soon -- she's have TWO mosaics! One boy and one girl... so excited! I harass the crap outta her when she's expecting, but I'm sure she's used to it by now after all these years.

I also occupied myself by making homemade tartar sauce! Awesome, right? Last week, LaVaughn and I were watching Barefoot Contessa and saw an awesome and delicious sounding recipe for tartar sauce. It was simple ingredients, most of which we had at the house, so I only had to pick up white wine vinegar, capers, and coarse ground mustard.

Not bragging at all, but it actually turned out pretty good.

We continued our strain of "fancy" food through dinner. We prepared skillet crisp tilapia, gnocchi, and a baby greens and kale salad. I know, FANCY! You best believe I was busting out some, "I'm so fancy!" all throughout dinner, lol.

It only helps detour my mind for a little while, unfortunately. I'm worried to death about Chloe's joey -- he's the tiniest joey with fur that I've ever seen! Not to mention, I'm still faced with the loss of Melissa and Chelsea. Sigh...

Love & Peace

-Megan








The ingredients for homemade tartar sauce!




The finished product.

No comments: