Any occasion I'll be ready...

Last night sucked terribly, words can't even begin to describe. I know I haven't spoken much about our elderly rat, Emilie, that's because it's just been too hard. And part of me just doesn't want to face the fact that her time is almost up. We've had Emilie for almost 2 and half years, Thetes an extreme emotional bond between us. After all, she's The only one left out of our original 4 girls.

It's hard to believe that by the end of the month we will have lost all four of them in the same year.

Like I said, Emilie is old and can't get around well anymore. She stopped eating hard foods a few weeks ago and has been strictly on soft baby foods. She's missing quite a bit of hair anymore and has nose bleeds on occasion, which I was told was normal for a rat in her situation. Seeing that kind of stuff just makes it harder on us, but I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is for her to endure. I wish that by some miracle she would just have a complete turn around and be her old self again.

I held her for the longest time in a fleece bonding pouch last night, I only put her up when I had to take a shower. I tried holding her again and rubbing her, but that really seem to aggravate her so I set her back in her cage inside the pouch. Emilie has never been a super social rat, she's never been one to like to be held all the time, so I imagine during times like that she really does want to be alone.

Now I'm going to change the subject before I start crying again, which I really don't want to do anymore.

LaVaughn and I kept the ducklings inside for so long last night. We brought them in around 7 PM and didn't put them back out in their cage until after 10. We played Injustice the entire time, which is why I think the time went by so quickly. We fed them three separate batches of mealworms and they even slept for around 30 minutes. I think it's safe to say they had a fun night.

So yeah, there's that. I'm honestly not even in the mood anymore. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are some pictures of the creepy sky from early, early this morning:





And the house... just playing with the settings:


No comments: