I can hear the bells...

So, lots of exciting stuff taking place today! First off, LaVaughn and I had to take Leo to the vet today. Unfortunately, he seems to have some type of infections (I hope) and is suffering from head tilt. I'm praying that it's nothing super serious, like a tumor. The vet examined him and gave him some baytril. She also sent us home with some prednisone, but asked us not to use it unless he didn't show any improvement after a week on the antibiotics. We'll see I guess!

After we finished up at the vet we made our way to Walmart to grocery shop AND buy new clothes. Do you have any idea how much it sucks to buy decent looking clothes at Walmart? I'm not talking about a dinner outfit, but a wedding outfit! Summery clothes with bright orange flowers are what's in at the moment -- I hate it. I'm black on grey on black, not orange on yellow on pink or white, it's just not me.

I finally settled on a... (hard swallow) skirt! Ugh god, you have no idea how far I went past my better judgment. I'm not a skirt person, I look like a lump in a skirt. I picked out a teal-ish colored shirt to pair with it, along with a black sweater that I have at home. I'm just not sure how I feel about this -- for one, the skirt looks like a gypsies or something. Not that I'm opposed, but I just don't know that I can pull this off.

Doug, Kyan... you owe me!!

Oh yeah, did I mention that Doug and Kyan are getting married? Well they are! It's a small ceremony, like 7 people small. I feel honored to be invited. And not to mention, it's my first gay wedding -- whoa, this is my first wedding all together! Wowza! It's just a bonus that it's my best friends wedding. Next week is going to be an exciting one!

We're driving up to Iowa Tuesday afternoon. We're planing on booking a hotel online, staying the night, going to the wedding the next day, then driving home Wednesday evening. It's going to be a busy couple days, but well worth it.

Then Friday we're doing 4th prep. We're having another big to-do this year, it should be fun. There's going to be an additional family with us this year, so there will be even more people. My uncle is also splurging this year on fireworks. Last year my cousin, Scott, broke out the big boy fireworks -- like community worthy fireworks. Then there we were with our bottle rockets and roman candles. Yeah, embarrassing! Not this year!

We're planing on buy some fireworks, but not many. I didn't really enjoy setting any off last year, I spent my time taking pictures. This year it's going to be more festive -- like red, white, and blue cupcakes on a red, white, and blue table cloth equipped with several american flags. Fun fun!!

Sorry, back on the wedding for a minute, but did I mention that I'm going to be the wedding photographer? Do you have any idea what this means or how excited I am?!?! I was so excited that I made my first lens purchase! I got a Nikon 50MM 1.8g! No, it's not the 1.4, but that was almost $300 more. I'm hoping the pictures turn out as well as the sample image, but we won't know that for a few more days.

I think I've sewn more in the past week than I have in the past 6 months! It's been a daily thing -- not including today. I sewed a set Sunday, which sold, then I sewed a set Monday, which is pending, then we both sewed the ratties a HUGE new cage set. I'm so in love with the way it turned out, it looks beautiful. There are a few pink accents, but I don't think they mind.

I want to sew tomorrow, but we have to clean the glider room, all the cages, and the rest of the house. One of LaVaughn's high school friends is coming over for a "visit" and to see the gliders. Should be interesting.

I suppose that's all for now. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan



Here's Monday's set.

My beautiful girl.

Isn't she a beauty?


I was on a mushroom mission today. Last week there were over a dozen shrooms in the yard, now I can't hardly find any. Just this guy and one other.

This is the other one I found, which I love.

I don't know why, but I think wild mushrooms are beautiful.



Here's the rat boys new cage set in their Critter Nation cage:





I absolutely love the way this rat cage set turned out!


It's the plum, it's an apricot!

They basically taste like plums.

Gotta have a bushel of mini bananas.

Aren't they cute? I love baby bananas.

No comments: