Happy Birthday to you...

Today was my aunt's birthday, a splendid day filled with love and lots of good food! The day started by -- first completing our chores -- making cakes, and lots of them! LaVaughn was busy making her birthday cake (a coconut cake) and I was busy making confetti cupcakes, large and small. The reason for the added cupcakes is mainly due to the fact that my uncle HATES coconut, but that's her favorite. Since she's the birthday girl, she gets what she wants.

He was happy, though.

We didn't do much, just baked her cake and cooked her dinner -- she requested fry bread, which just so happens to be my specialty. Just as luck would have it, her birthday gift didn't arrive in the mail in time, so we weren't able to give it to her, obviously. I was so pissed, but it'll be worth the wait. It's something she loves.

We took a break after baking and dinner to play with the ducklings. I know, random. It was just so perfect outside, we just had to let them swim in their new pool. They loved it, but not as much as I was expecting. I think it was a shock to their system. After all, they've never been introduced to an entire body of water before. For the short time they played, I think they enjoyed it.

After that was all said and done, my aunt blew out the candles on her cake. It was a quiet day, but all in all successful. And on that note, I believe it's time for coffee and Netflix!

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here's the birthday girl:


Mini cupcakes (and a couple big cupcakes):








The coconut cake:








The ducklings swimming in their pool:


The yard looked awesome today!

















They loved it.




























And lastly, the blowing of the candles:







No comments: