Can't beat the heat...

This day, my god! I think this is the hottest day we've had in the last 2 years! I'm so thankful that I didn't have to work today -- even though I'm sitting at home right now on my own accord. I originally asked off so that we could go see Jurassic World with Doug and Kyan, but apparently they're not available anymore... their loss!

It's not like we left the house today anyways.

Anyways, back to what I was originally saying, it's sweltering outside! I moved the baby ducks from the garage to the chicken coop today, all by my lonesome. They're all so big now, well most of them are, so it was past time to move them. After that I disposed of the tarp that was under them, then I took water down to them so that they could bathe. This was after doing 3 loads of laundry, mind you.

I eventually got around to cutting out the remainder of a 5 piece cage set. After LaVaughn got up, she helped me straighten out the fleece that Doug and Kyan wanted a set out of (he bough loads of fleece for a cage set), then that was cut as well. After I finished cutting out their set, she cut the rat boys a nice sized set while I sewed up another 5 piece cage set.

I was in the process of posting the set I sewed when someone said they wanted it. I was so thankful, I still had 6 other groups to post it on! It's such a blessing when sets sell so fast, I'm always grateful.

Aside from sewing, I also managed to get some pictures of the new joeys, Viktor and Marcus. Those adorable boys now have their eyes open! It's so cute! While LaVaughn went for an out of the blue walk, I cleaned all the drop trays, fed the gliders, and then showered. It's been an extremely productive day for me. See what happens when I don't have to work? I need to do this more often. ;)

And here I sit, bored out of my wits and craving some Gevalia iced coffee that I don't have... sad face. I guess I need to head to town tomorrow. Is it okay if I add another sad face?

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are the joeys:

Viktor


















Marcus


















Random shots of Una:



And lastly, the cage set:


No comments: