Days like today...

I hate days like this, I hate them. Not only has the day been EXTREMELY weird, but we ended up losing our little ringtail boy. It all started last night around midnight when I went in the glider room to check on everyone. I noticed Charli was jumping around the cage without her baby, then I noticed Tyler was out too. Huge red flag!

I quickly started checking the pouches, that's when I heard a faint cry come from the bottom of the cage. The little boy was hanging onto the bridge, completely frozen! After I got him warmed up, I put Charli and Tyler in our small hospital cage and gave them their joey back. I was thinking he maybe just fell off of her and they didn't bother to get him.

Tyler kept moving all around the pouch, jumping in and out, so I ended up putting him in the big cage and left the joey with Charli. Around 3 he was latched onto a nipple, so I figured all was well.

When I woke up today, I found him on the outside of the cage pouch, freezing! I warmed him up and make up some milk replacer. He didn't take hardly any of it, so I decided to put him back in with his mom -- he was extremely filthy, by the way. Charli wasn't paying any attention to him. I tried to put him back with her, that's when she bit his thigh and made him cry. She then bit my thumb extremely hard. That's when I decided not to put him back with her at all.

I tried feeding him some more, as did LaVaughn, I ended up letting him in the pouch with his daddy, who did awesome with him. He cleaned and stimulated him, kept him warm and slept with him. The boy ended up passing about 30 minutes after being in the pouch with his daddy. He died on his back, warm and loved. I held them in a bonding pouch the entire time, it was as peaceful as it could be.

I'm devastated.

LaVaughn and I went to town a little while ago to grab something for dinner. There was a Canadian goose in the parking lot of the grocery store, which was really weird. So yeah, that's our day. I'm so ready for it to be over...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Pictures from today:

Tyler and his little boy.

Tyler being a baby.


The drive to town.

Love the new shelves at Walmart.



So completely random...

No comments: