Cats, toadstools and Christmas shopping??

I'll start off by saying that I do NOT know what type of mushroom I'm about to show you. I know it doesn't look like your typical vibrant mushroom, so I honestly don't know what to call it. It's a giant shroom and toadstool seemed fitting. Plus, that's what my aunt called it, so that's what I'm sticking with.

Anyways, before work yesterday my aunt showed me a small cluster of mushrooms growing in the yard. She notifies me of things like this because she knows how much I love to photograph basically anything -- mushrooms being high on my list. I had over an hour to burn before work yesterday, so I took advantage. It was hard to manage with such harsh light (it was just before 1 PM), but I made it work the best I could.

The entire time Bart was attacking me, rubbing on me, the camera, and trying to climb my legs with those talons of his. I got a couple pictures of his signature Bart post that I get every other time I'm outside and he's digging his nails into my legs. It makes for some beyond adorable pictures, so I'm definitely not complaining.

I sewed up a set today as soon as I got up. Well, I had been up for an hour printing out shipping labels and packaging cage sets, then I sewed. After LaVaughn got up we started to work on Laci's other 3 sets that she's ordering, but we decided against it when Laci told me she wasn't ready to pay yet. I ended up cutting out a set in record time, then we sewed it.

I posted it and haven't had ANY interest! It's honestly not the best color pattern, but it's not that bad. I figured someone would have wanted it. I always get panicky when sets don't sell within a few hours. Not sure why, but I do. It makes me feel like a failure or something. That's beside the point.

LaVaughn and I started CHRISTMAS shopping last night! Can you believe it?? I can't believe it's that time already. We wanted to go ahead and get a jump start on a few things, because we all know Christmas will be here in no time. We didn't buy too much, just like 5 things. We got 3 for Judy and 2 for Bob. We also got ourselves a couple things... I know, it's terrible. But there were a couple Walking Dead night pants that neither of us had, so we had to. PLUS we got this AMAZING Walking Dead Monopoly game that I can't wait to get.

These are just things we wanted, we're just using Christmas as an excuse to get them for each other without having to admit to buying ourselves something for no good reason.

Speaking of gift giving! I got LaVaughn the BEST birthday presents this year!! Like I can't even comprehend how awesome they are. I normally get her a bunch of crappy things, like last year I got her some makeup from E.L.F. and a hair gift set, which she loved (the hair stuff). This year I got her two things that I know for a fact she's been wanting... A panini press and a Maybelline eye shadow pallet! She's been wanting a panini press for months -- she's also been eyeing that same eye shadow for  well over a month now, but she's too cheap to buy it for herself. Oh, I almost forgot! I ordered her a pair of shoes that she wanted on eBay. I'm not sure if that'll be a birthday present or not yet. I totally won her birthday gifts this year.

In other news, Charli and Tyler's newest little joey should detach within the next week or two. I'm seeing body parts like crazy now, including an awesome little ringtail! I can't wait to see what this baby looks like. I'm not sure why, but I have an awesome feeling about it.

Have I mentioned that Chloe has two more joeys IP? These will for sure be her last two, Boone got snipped so there will be no more. It's really sad, but I'm also relieved. I'm hoping they give us am awesome sendoff, like a TPM and a plat girl, that's what I would love.

While I'm on the subject of joeys, I took some new pics of Norman today. My god, he is so cute! And he did so well for me, not one peep. Okay, that's all for now. It's time for the new episode of SVU, I gotta go!

Love & Peace

-Megan

Pictures of the toadstool and Bart from yesterday:












Contemplating jumping on me.

Preparing for the jump.

Crash landing!

Adorable picture #1

Adorable picture #2

Pictures from today:

The cage set we sewed today. Not too shabby, but not my favorite.

And now for Norman's photo session:























No comments: