Lets kick of Christmas Shopping 2015!

LaVaughn and I went on our first official Christmas shopping outing earlier today. No place special, just Fredericktown. We were going to go to Poplat Bluff, but ended up going with Fredericktown because we needed to pick up Pip's meds from the vet -- his teeth are in bad shape again.

We went by the vet first and got those, then headed to Walmart were we each got some of the CUTEST sweaters! LaVaughn totally snatched a hoodie that I wanted, but it wasn't in my size, so whatever. I realized what a terrible nerd I am today. Not only did I get some Avengers night pants, but I got a Jurassic Park shirt as well. So incredibly lame, I know. Those are gifts to each other, though, so no sharing pics or wearing until Christmas Eve, unfortunately.

We tried to look around for things for everyone else -- what a task that was! I have NO idea what to get anyone! All the people we're buying for are older and not into the latest tech gear. So it's usually shirts, bath sets, and something random and lame. We already ordered a few things online, but it's nothing compared to what we need. I'm still holding out for some awesome Black Friday finds -- only 15 days away!!

We stopped an grabbed some food after our excursion, then headed home.

Now, lets talk fleece! Out of all the fleece that we've had hoarded in the garage for months, we only have two separate sets left to sew! And to my surprise, no one is interested in them! Since today is Veterans Day, there have been all kinds of sales going on all week, including sales at Joann's. We've been hoarding 5 separate throws and 4 additional yards of lime green fleece for days now. Well last night I finally took the plunge and bought it! It was a pretty penny, but we should (hopefully) make it back out of just two sets.

Not an hour after the fleece from Joann's was bought and paid for, some lady tagged me in a post on Facebook about a fellow vendor selling ALL of her fleece! LaVaughn and I went nuts! We picked out two prints off the bat, then about 15 minutes later I found another that I wanted. After an hour passed, she posted a picture of the remaining fleece. Come to find out she had TWO more prints that we wanted! It was hard to pass up, especially considering she was selling everything at $2 a yard -- come on!

Our grand total came to... gulp, $52! That was the price shipped for nearly 14 yards of fleece. Not too bad I don't suppose, but damn! I'm selling 84 ft of lime green chain to Brittany for $20, so we only need to make $32 out of the fleece to pay for it. A lady that ordered a set from us last week messaged me last night and said that she wanted a set out of some of the fleece we got -- lets just hope she still wants it when it gets here!

So we should be rolling in the fleece in a week or so, I'm excited. There's also a really adorable fleece pattern at our local Walmart (yes they have fabric again) that I want to get. It's yellow and grey owls -- so adorable!

Well I guess I've rambled enough for now. It's time for coffee and Chicago PD!

Love & Peace

-Megan

Pics from today:

Remember me posting these? Well we bought this before Halloween for the month of November.

See how awesome it turned out??


We picked up our first wax warmer today. Fun fun!

The scents were pretty amazing.

See how pretty!

Snuggle time with Norman:






He's from further off.

THE trio:




From my phone.

This is all the fleece we're getting from Gini. Amazing, isn't it? I'll post the stuff we got from Joann's when it arrives.

No comments: