Happy Thanksgiving 2015 Edition! Plus Black "Thursday" Finds!

Oh what a day it's been! Aside from eating way too much food -- this is something I never do on Thanksgiving -- and being miserable for a solid 2 hours after, today was a well rounded, fun day. Everyone got alone well, no awkward conversations with Bob, which is usually how things happen.

I think things were a bit off with Judy and Bob, which is understandable considering everything that's happened in the past week. They didn't eat dessert, stay the night, or even take food home with them! I honestly don't understand, it was all very weird.

Aside from that, the food was amazing! I ate so much, too much! Like I said, I'm never one to go nuts with food on Thanksgiving and literally never go back for seconds. I didn't have seconds today either, just one huge plate of food that left me feeling miserable during the hours that followed. Walking around outside helped -- I took full advantage of the super mild weather we had today. I didn't get to stay outside for too long, though, LaVaughn and I both had to shower and be 100% ready by at least 5:15, which we were.

That leads me to my next topic, Black Friday or Black "Thursday" shopping. I don't even know why they call it Black Friday anymore. Almost all of the stores have sales either leading up to Friday or start their sales at 6 PM on Thursday evening. I prefer going to town on Thanksgiving evening, don't get me wrong, it's just annoying to call it Black Friday.

The Parking lot of Walmart was completely overflowing, like always, but much to our surprise, the inside wasn't half as bad as it was last year! Granted there weren't as many awesome deals as there were last year, which impacted the number of shoppers that came, but again, I prefer it that way.

The PS4 games, movies, TV shows, and wax warmers were what I wanted this year. Surprisingly enough, we were able to find all the games we wanted and then some -- more than half of which we put back. We also found Supernatual season 9 (the main TV show we wanted), Chicago PD season 1 and Chicago Fire season 2. All of which were on our list. We didn't find too many movies, just a couple random ones. Their movie selection completely blew this year.

I was able to find my wax warmer that I wanted (we got two!) and the computer bag that I had my eyes on. By the time we made it to the electronics section were the computer cases were, there were about 7 left. I grabbed one, someone came by and grabbed a couple, then someone else grabbed a couple, then another lady snatched the remain one. All within 3 minutes!! I also found a rugged waterproof blu-tooth speaker that I wanted, so it was definitely a win/win. We got my aunt and uncle a new vacuum and bed set, both of which they'll love! We got mom and Bob a griddle that will work perfect for them in their small kitchen. I'm trying to think of what else we got, but I'm at a loss.

Thanks to me, we lucked out and got checked within 5 minutes of standing in a line we didn't even know was a checkout line. I'm mildly obsessed with chocolate anymore, so I wanted to get my chocolate fix before we left. I told LaVaughn to go down the chocolate isle, which is where we someone managed to get checked out super fast! The lines were halfway across the store, I still don't know how we managed to make it out as fast as we did.

Not having a cart helped. It was a bitch to carry an entire vacuum and huge bed set all by myself, but I managed. LaVaughn had the griddle and a basket full of all our other things. Again, thanks to me we even had a basket. There were no baskets or carts to be found when we got there. We walked down the pet isle at one point and there it was... A beautiful, lonely basket just begging me to pick it up.

We checked out and took everything out to the car -- which was parked in the next parking lot over -- and decided to head back in the store to look for a sheet set. We didn't find that, unfortunately, but we did find a scarf and some gloves, both of which we put back down when we saw that the lines had gotten much worse. We ran in the grocery store next door for sweetener and left with crackers and frozen veggies for the gliders, nothing else. We didn't even NEED those things! We needed sweetener! Now we have 12 packs of sweetener that will have to last the duration of the night.

We're planing on go back tomorrow to see if there are any remaining items that we may or may not have missed. We also need to grab things from the store. Things we actually need this time.

So that sums up my day. Thankfully everything went well, people were friendly, food was good, fun was had. I hope that your day was just as fun filled and thankful as mine. Remember, there are people that have it far worse than you and me. The fact that we're both on a computer, phone, or tablet right now reading this or writing means we have it better than some.

Be thankful for what you have, even if it isn't a lot. Happy Thanksgiving everyone...

-Megan

Pictures of the festivities from today:

The beginning of homemade cornbread stuffing.


The fam:








Judy snuggling with Louie.

He's a big baby.

He's also shy.


The finished product -- I need to add more bread cubes next time.

Look at that slop!

Prepping for a night of shopping!

Black (Thursday) Friday in Piedmont:


Look at those cars!

And the people!



The haul... not too shabby.

No comments: