I think you've waited long enough...

Gees, every time I say I'm going to do some more movie reviews, something happens and it gets thrown to the backseat. Well, I've been forcing myself to write some for the past couple days. Hopefully, I'll have them all done before too long. Here we go:

The Crazies

I'm usually first in line when it comes to a Timothy Olyphant movie, which was the case with this movie as well. It starts off fairly well and continues to be through the rest of the movie. This isn't a movie you're going to be disappointed with, but it will leave you wanting more.

Rating: 7.5/10

The Book Of Eli

I always thought this looked pretty cool, but was a little weary to watch it considering it's a biblical movie. No offence to anyone out there, but I'm just not into those kinds. Anyway, we decided to pick it up at Redbox one day and watch it. Luckily, it was a LOT better than what I had originally thought. Yes, it's still about the bible and what not, but there's still loads of violence and murder. And... you get to see Milla Kunis out there kicking ass. Who has blossomed since her days of playing Jackie on That 70s Show. Well like I said, it is still a biblical type movie, but it's also pretty awesome.

Rating: 7.5/10

The Runaways

I've always been a fairly big Joan Jett fan, but never a huge Runaways fan. Neither of those stopped us from seeing this movie, considering it has the ever so awesome, Michael Shannon, in it. And it's nice to see Kristen Stewart do something other than those BEYOND stupid Twilight flix. Oh how I hate those movies. Anyway, it also has Dakota Fanning, which I'm sure lots of people love. I, for one, can't stand her. And her singing is like nails on a chalk board. She has noting on Cherie Curry. Now Kirsten on the other hand, she has potential. Ok, enough blabbing about that. In the past several months, The Runaways has come to be one of my favorite movies to pop in when there's nothing else to watch. So if you're a fan of K-Stew, Joan Jett and a little lesbo action, then this is definitely the movie for you.

Rating: 8.5/10

Percy Jackson & The Olympians

I'm usually all for these types of movie. The ones with all the ancient goodness. So I didn't really hesitate to see this one, other than the fact that it is a kiddie movie. All in all, it's pretty good. Not something that I'll watch more than once a year, but still good. It's definitely a hit with the younger crowd, considering it has the rising star, Logan Lerman in it. You know, I still remember when he was playing a young Ashton Kutcher in The Butterfly Effect. I always knew he would go places. Anyway, if you've never seen it or if you have a teenage daughter, then you might want to pick this one up for the next family movie night.

Rating: 6.5/10

Hot Tub Time Machine

I'll be the first to admit that today's comedies are going WAY downhill. What happen to the Chevy Chase and John Candy type comedies? I never thought this looked like a a good movie. Yes, it has some fairly funny people in it, but not that funny. So one day, I went against my best instincts and picked it up. And I have to admit, it wasn't half as bad as it looked. There were more than a few laugh out loud funny parts, which was worth the $1 from Redbox. But, if I was given the choice to watch either this or National Lampoon's: Vacations, I wouldn't think twice about watching Vacation.

Rating: 5.5/10

Kick-Ass

This movie turned out to be WAY different than what I had originally thought. I always thought it would be good, but it was a lot better than that. It's definitely not your average super hero movie, not by far, I would say this one draws a more of an adult audience. Anyway, Nick Cage pretty much stole the show with no more than a 3 minute action scene, which I loved. So if you're a super hero fan and a Nick Cage fan, then look no further, you've found your movie.

Rating: 7.5/10

Survival Of The Dead

I'm sure you all know that we're huge zombie fans, so we never hesitate to just buy a zombie flick before we watch it. Sometimes that works out well, sometimes it doesn't (hint, hint: Automaton Transfusion). And since this is in fact, a Gorge Romero movie, it gave us even more reason to just get it. All in all, it's not too bad. Not as good as it's cousin, Diary Of The Dead, but still good. The lead in this movie, Alan van Sprang, has major potential. And being that he's in both of the zombie movies listed above and Land of the Dead, he's ok in my book.

Rating: 6/10

Clash Of The Titans

I've always been a huge fan of movies that are set back in the "Greek mythology" era. Stuff like Troy and the ever so great, 300, really float my boat. So there was no doubt in my mind that this would be any less great. And yet again, I was right. This movie is extremely awesome and has loads of action. Not as much as most of us would want, but enough. And come on, how can you not like a movie that has Liam Neeson in it? That's just physically impossible. Anyway, it's definitely worth the watch. But I must warn you, it may not be as good the second time around. We tried to watch it a while back and couldn't sit still through it.

Rating: 7.5/10

Date Night

I'll usually swear by the funniness in a movie if it has Steve Carell in the cast. Tina Fey on the other hand, not so much. I know she's loved by millions of SNL fans, but she tries too hard to be funny and I find that rather annoying. Anyway, the plot of this movie is pretty, but it's just like every other new comedy out there. The writer will find something funny to put in the movie and just go on and on about it for like 10 minutes. That's just annoying. Overall, it's definitely worth the watch. And prepare yourself for some laugh out loud parts.

Rating: 7.5/10

Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time

Ugh! That's pretty much all I have to say about this one. If Jake Gyllenhaal doesn't scare you enough with his everyday voice, wait until you hear his faux British accent. Since we didn't watch this movie all the way through, I can't give it a proper rating. So I'll rate what we watched.

Rating: 4/10

The Killer Inside Me

I'm sure most of you know that this is the film adaption of the 1952 novel by Jim Thompson. But since I've never read the book, I can't really compare. This movie has it's fair share of decent actors. Like: Jessica Alba, Casey Affleck and Kate Hudson. All of which I like, except Kate Hudson. I've never been a big fan of hers, especially after How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days. Ugh, that movie gives me the creeps. Anyway, this movie is set back, way back and has a fairly good plot. It's definitely on the boring side, so don't watch it if you're sleepy.

Rating: 7/10

Middle Of Nowhere

I'm sure that 9 out of 10 people have never heard of this movie, but I have to say it's definitely worth the watch. It doesn't have an edge of your seat plot that keeps you guessing, that's probably why it didn't get big in theaters. Anyway, it's about an average girl living in the Midwest, trying to escape her shitty life and put herself through college. No, she's not working nights at a run down diner to put herself through nursing school, it's way more original than that. And with a star like Susan Surandon, how can you not watch it. I must warn you, there's little to no action in this movie. It's really quiet and great to watch on a Sunday evening.

Rating: 7.5/10

Funny People

I used to be a big Seth Rogan fan, but now he just creeps me out. Especially since he lost loads of weight. Now he just looks like a dick with ears and a Jew fro. But he's not the only one in this movie, there's the all time great, Adam Sandler, to keep you entertained. I have to say, out of all the Adam Sandler movies that I've seen, this is definitely one of the worst. For one, Sandler's character is an ass that you would like to take outside and kick around a few times. And not to mention, the plot is shit! But, everyone has their own opinion of funny, so you might like it.

Rating: 5.5/10

Ok, I believe that's all I can do in one day. Sorry to cut it short, but my brain can't process anymore reviews and they'll start sounding like shit. Hope you enjoyed!

Love & Peace

-Megan

Don't forget to check out the movie trailers by clicking on the names!

No comments: