More reviews anyone?

Since I have nothing better to blog about, I may as well do some more reviews. If I could ever get caught up enough, I'd like to start adding the trailers and movie posters to the review. I guess that all depends on how fast I can get this long ass list done. Only time will tell.

Fido

I can honestly say, this is a zombie movie like no other! For one, it's set back about 50 years ago and they have zombies as slaves. I'll admit, this never looked very appealing to me, but we decided to watch it anyway. Although it's not in my top 10, it is actually a pretty gnarly little zombie movie. I must warn you, there's not a lot of chase scenes or gut eating, but it will keep you entertained.

Rating: 8/10

Teeth

I heard from a few different people that this was an out there type of movie. We watched the trailer one day and thought, "Why not?" So we found it on Netflix and began watching. All the good stuff starts at the very beginning, so you wont have to wait very long for any action. There's not too much in the action department, or even the blood and guts department for that matter. It's actually a fairly quiet, fairly twisted movie to just watch one evening when you have nothing better to do. And to all you little boys out there, don't get all worked up and think that you're going to see a twat shot, there's practically no nudity in it.

Rating: 7.5/10

Grown Ups

With a cast like one Grown Ups has, how can you go wrong? As if Adam Sandler, Kevin James and Rob Schneider (amount other great actors) aren't funny enough on their own, some genius decided to throw them all in a movie together. Grown Ups has the Great Outdoors feel to it, except with a new age twist that oh so many people love. I admit, I actually enjoyed watching this one. But it's probably a once (maybe twice) in a lifetime watch. That's just me, I'm sure some people will fall head over heals with it and watch it obsessively. And I say to them, more power to you!

Rating: 7.5/10

The A-Team

Once my hands stop shaking of excitement, I may be able to write a proper review. Oh man, where do I start? I guess I could just say these to little words and let that be the end of it... Liam Neeson. Any would you need to know anything else about the movie. Other than the fact that it was beyond awesome and worth every penny in the world! As if Liam Neeson is good enough, they hit you with one of my personal favorites, Sharlto Copley. I'm sure most of you know him as Wikus van der Merwe from District 9. I know him as my little African hottie. The movie also has, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. and the too gay to function, Bradley Cooper. Every plays their part well and gives you that classic A-Team feel. So if you liked the TV show, have a love for great actors or are a gay man that wants to see Bradly Cooper on screen, then this is the movie for you!

Rating: 9/10

Resident Evil: Afterlife

I've always been a huge Resident Evil fan. If there's a game, we've played it. If there's a movie, we watched it. All of the RE movies have been great so far, including this one. But, to me, there's not much going on story wise. The movie feels rushed, like Paul Anderson just sat down with an idea one day and wrote it in like 3 hours. It doesn't have the love like the previous 3 had. Is it still pretty awesome, of course. How can you not love watching Milla Jovovich kick zombie ass? I have to say, the highlight of the movie, at least for me, was seeing Shawn Roberts kick ass as Albert Wesker. It's so awesome, considering we watched him when he was Dean on the second season of Degrassi. Oh how times flys. Anyway, if your a fan of the RE franchise, then you'll love this one like all the others.

Rating: 8/10

Devil

When I first watched the trailer to this, I thought it looked pretty good. At the time, I thought Jodi Foster was in it. And after a quick look on IMDB, I realized that she wasn't. After that, the movie seemed less appealing. Well, we went against our best intentions and decided to watch it anyway. It starts out pretty dull, but that gets better at the end of the movie. Man, I seriously think I passed out once or twice while we were watching it. It's seriously one of the most boring movies ever! I think the loudest it gets is when the one bitch screams "Turn on the lights." And the ending is SO lame! It has one of the worst plots every. But, I'll let you be the judge.

Rating: 6.5/10

The Boondock Saints

I know this movie came out like a decade ago, but we had never watched it. I actually don't think we even heard about it until like a month or two before we watched it. Anyway, we decided to watch in on Netflix one night, just to see how it was. And holy shit, this movie is 10 shades of awesome! As if their ass kicking isn't badass enough, they're doing it with Irish accents! I mean, how can that not be awesome? And the cast is stupendous. How can in not be with actors like: Willem Dafoe, Sean Patrick Flanery & Norman Reedus? Ugh, I could go on and on about how awesome this movie is, but I think it would be best if you just picked it up for yourself. You wont be disappointed.

Rating: 8.5/10

P2

I'm sure that only a handful of people have seen this movie, that's probably cause it's old and flew way under the radar. It's probably best that it did, considering it's not the best movie in the world. It's extremely cliche and you can almost predict what's going to happen next. It's not the worst movie that I've ever seen, but it's definitely not the best. I suppose it's good for quiet evening alone, but it's definitely nothing to get excited about.

Rating: 7.5/10

Mommie Dearest

Anything that needs to be said about this movie has already been said. It's a classic that doesn't need to be messed with. I highly, highly recommend you watch it if you never have. This is a movie that everyone should see at least once in their lifetime. It's weird to, because I grew up with someone almost exactly like Mommie Dearest. I'm not naming names (you know who you are). Anyway, you'll definitely have a new outlook on wire hangers after you watch it.

Rating: 8.5/10

I believe that's all for now peeps. Until next time, you know where to find me...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Song of the day: I'm On Fire by Bruce Springsteen

No comments: