Post Christmas shopping...

The day after Christmas is the day Walmart puts all of their cheapo Christmas items at 50% off. Most of the decorations are a good buy, but some of the other stuff completely sucks. There are, however, a few diamonds in the rough.

I started off by checking Walmart's garden center. That's usually where they move all of their clearance items. I knew there wouldn't be much to choose from, considering it was after 4PM and all the crazies get up before the crack of dawn to nab all of the good deals, but I tried it anyway. I first walked to the isle where all the perfume was and was shocked by what I saw. The shelves looked like something from a post-apocalyptic movie where everything had been ransacked. Yes, it was that bad. There were also 4 people safeguarding the end with the most perfume and body wash kits, so I said, "Screw it!" and decided to leave.

I soon found myself walking down the Christmas food isle where they had all the "food kits". That's where I found the best deals. I mean, I'm sure there were better things to buy, but everything was pretty much wiped out. I think I spent like $10 all together, lol.

And that concludes my post Christmas shopping, hope you enjoyed. Until next year, you know where to find me...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Song of the day: Bennie And The Jets by Elton John

Here are the pics:

This is the S'Mores Cocoa Mugs And S'More Kit. Not worth $8, but totally worth $4.

This is the other random things that I grabbed. Some candy canes, M&M Minis, Swedish Fish, Hershey's Peppermint Kisses and Reese's Cup candy canes. Not bad for $4.50, eh?

Pretty decent veggie tray, huh?

We actually bought a veggie tray at the store about a week ago and paid $10 for not half of this.

Buying all of this separate... just under $7. :)

2 comments:

Vikis Kitchen said...

I missed shopping this post Christmas day...may be this year I should try:) Last year I got good deals in Walmart on wreaths:) Your catch is good!

Megan said...

Thanks! I missed out last year, but was actually able to get a little something this year. Lets hope this coming year will be better for the both of us... :O)