Yup, it's that time of year again...

And by "that time of year" I mean the end of the year. This is a day of mixed emotions for most people. Some want to get the year over with as soon as possible (been there!) and some never want it to end. I have to say, this year has been one of the better years for me, but I've still had my ups and downs. I usually do a big "speech" blog of some type at the end of the year, but I think I wrote enough in A Look Back for the next few years, lol.

At the end of each year I can't help but think about everyone that I've lost over the past few years and how differently I spend each New Year/New Years Eve. I go into each new year knowing that there will always be something missing in my life that I know I'll never get back. I have to say, it has gotten a little easier, but I still find myself depressed and on the brink of crying out of nowhere.

Like I've said before and will continue to say, I'm not setting a resolution for this coming year. That's just a way to set you up for something and then disappoint you when you don't complete it. As long as I go into the New Year happy and healthy, that's good enough for me.

I do, however, have goals/expectations for the New Year. Like last year, I want to spend less time on the computer and more time in the real world. Will that happen? Probably not. Does it sound good right now? Of course it does. But it is something I'm going to try to accomplish. I also want to TrY To WrITe LikE ThiS aLL Of NExT YeaR, THougH. Not really...

Another hope/expectation of mine is do try and complete My Project 365. Yes, I'm doing and Project 365 this coming year! So as of Midnight, I'll have to take a photo a day, everyday for one entire year! Sounds like a lot of work, but for someone who takes as many photos as I do, then it should be no problem at all. At least I hope, lol.

So, what are your resolutions/goals/hopes/expectations for the New Year?

Until next year, you know where to find me...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Song of the year: The Times They Are A-Changin' by Bob Dylan

No comments: