I think this is becoming a passion, whether I like it or not...

It's becoming easier and easier for me to pick something up and sew it. Like today for example, I roughly cut out two rectangles of fleece, made four tabs and sewed up a hammock for the rats in no more than 5 minutes. I'm not bragging at all. Believe me, it didn't look perfect, but the fact that I did it so fast without even thinking is leading me to believe that I have a new skill that I can actually call my own.

Sewing isn't something that I ever thought I would do. Watching my aunt sew years ago used to confuse the shit out of me, but it's something I look forward to nowadays. Call me crazy, but I would rather sew than go to the bar and get shitfaced. Is that normal for someone my age? Didn't think so. It's official, I need to go stab and/or shoot someone. Maybe I'll just punch a wall?

Okay, I believe I'm done with my rant/speech. Time for the pictures and time for me to go destroy something...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Song of the day: I Can't Control Myself by Joan Jett

Evan & Jonah's new hammock:


You may be asking yourself why I made our two male rats a pink and red hammock with hearts. And to answer that... they'll have it destroyed in a week, if not sooner. LaVaughn and I both just use whatever fleece we have on hand for the rats because they go through hammocks SO fast. :O)

No comments: