Deep slumber...

Thank god today is over... seriously. I've been dreading this day since Monday, now it's finally here and (almost) gone.

LaVaughn and I both ended up going to bed at just after 11 PM, if you can believe that. I couldn't believe it, but I was actually able to fall asleep after about 15 minutes. I ended up waking up off and on through the night, then I finally had to get up just after 3. I didn't even care that I woke up so early, I was just happy I managed to get SOME sleep!

We ended up leaving just before 5 and arriving at the hospital a little after 6, just before the sun rose. Out of all the hospitals I've been to, this one has to take the cake for being the weirdest. It's all height and no width, which makes it super freaky. Not to mention, it's like all open and everyone can see your every move... I hated it.

It didn't take very long for my aunt to get taken back. About 10 minutes after she left, we started looking for a coffee shop. There were signs pointing everywhere saying that the coffee shop was here or there, but it was never anywhere to be found. We finally went to the main level of the hospital and sat under the stairs, across from the cafeteria, which didn't open until 6:45... so random.

I got bored and decided to go and try to fine the coffee shop again, only this time it as a success! Wanna guess where it was? To the right of the main entrance, like literally right as you walk in. They have it nooked away behind the corner, which makes it incredibly hard to find.

Since neither of us hillbillies had ever experienced a Starbucks, we had no idea what to order. We were feeling brave and decided to let the barista recommend whatever. She recommended the white chocolate mocha, which we ordered. I couldn't believe it when she said $7.95 for two tall (small) coffees!! Horribly expensive.

Just as we walked away from the coffee shop, we heard a lady yelling, "Moss family?". We hastily ran to where she was. Believe it or not, we got to sit with her in the prep room until they took her for the procedure. Of course, her doctor was running late, so we got to sit with her for like 30 minutes.

After they finally took her back, I decided to go get us another coffee. Only this time we tried a blended caramel frappuccino! Much better than the first, but still not as good as the frappes from McDonald's. Oh and this time, it was nearly $10. So that brings our total to almost $18 for coffee. Fun!

I got lost on my way back to the room, so I ended wandering around for over 5 minutes. I finally found where I was going and made my way back to her room. LaVaughn and I spend the remainder of our time in the room sipping our coffees and watching Supernatural.

Luckily, my aunt's procedure went well and everything looked great! After she woke up from her anesthesia, we started home.

I don't think 10 minutes passed when we got home before we made some coffee. We were both dead!! We sucked that down, sat for about 15 minutes, then started moving the ducks down to the coop with the rest of the yard fowl. They're all freaking huge now, not to mention it takes them less than an hour to make a huge mess in the garage. We're having to clean the tarp under their cage off almost 3 times a day as is, so it was more than time to move them down there.

After we got them moved down there, we let them play in the back. I'm sure you've seen pictures of the back of the chicken coop by now, so you know that there's a little pool of water where the stream runs through. They LOVED it! They got to play in it for close to 5 hours before we put them up a little while ago. I don't think they have any objections to being moved down there.

LaVaughn and I had some more coffee a little while ago, which doesn't seem to be helping much. I ended up falling asleep for like 15-20 minutes while we were in the middle of a PLL marathon (our girly weakness). I hope I don't feel this groggy the rest of the night. My power nap seemed to have help some, so fingers crossed!!

And on that note, I believe I'm going to call it a night. I need to enjoy my grog-free hours while I can. I have an arrousing day of work tomorrow -- and I don't get off until 11... fun!

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here's the big creepy Poplar Bluff hospital:

The front.

The foyer.

Pretty lights.

Floor cleaning guy.

A man and his baby.

My awesome nail polish.

The TV.

Aunt Sharon's beeper. Kind of looks like his pager on Hostel 2.

More of the pretty lights.

The stairs. See that thing at the bottom? That's where we sat.



The elevator.

This was the prettiest elevator.

Our sitting area.



See how cool it was under there?

Pretty floor to ceiling windows.

My aunt, waiting to be taken back.

She's such a good sport.



Yes, those are ducks.

I so badly wanted to take them home.


My blended caramel frappuccino.



The tiny as TV we watched Supernatural on.

And now for the releasing of the ducks:


They're getting too big for their box.

And they're off!


Harley was a dick and chased them.


Best duckling picture ever!!



A beautiful butterfly.

A beautiful daisy.



They were loving the water.

Unfortunately, I had to get in the water to chase Harley out because he was trying to attack them. 




Mmm, peas!


They adore peas.


No comments: