The girl who kicked the thrift store...

Normally I would be at work right now, but I had a bit of a ((blowout)) and was unable to go. Take that as you will, I don't plan on going into details about it.

I had to get up a bit earlier today so that I could drive my aunt into Piedmont so that she could pick her truck up at the shop. I fee so bad for her, she had to pay nearly $1000 for repairs -- which weren't THAT bad! That's the way it goes when you live in a small town. They know you'll pay it, cause they're the only ones that can fix it.

After we dropped her off at the shop, we ran to the store to get some supplies for little Jasper. We needed some cotton swabs, saline nose drops, and a few other things that a required for hand raising a sick kitty. We're hoping that we can mask the symptoms of his URI until we can get him to the vet.

Speaking of, we managed to catch another kitten today! This one is a great weight, but definitely needs her eyes cleaned and some TLC.

On our way home -- since it was just after noon -- we decided to swing by the St. Catherine's thrift store. My aunt stops by there all the time and always gushes about the good sales they have. Mainly in the book department, but in others as well.

We couldn't have stopped by at a better time, because they were having a 5 of $1 sale on their books!! Close to 20 minutes and $3.50 later, we left with 17 books in our greedy hands. Just a preview: The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest, Scarlet, Angels and Demons, and then some! Killer finds!

Our uncle stopped by later in the afternoon -- right in the middle of us cleaning -- to look through some old pictures, in hopes of finding a particular one. He's the husband of my late aunt Eva, the one who passed away at the end of last year. Unfortunately, he didn't find the picture he was looking for, but I'm going to keep my eye out for it.

After he left, we continued our cleaning/reorganizing of the glider/spare room. We completely moved things around in there and now have ALL of the cages on one wall! It's so nice! It seems less cluttered and like we have so much more room. I'm not sure why, but it makes the room look taller as well, which is never a bad thing.

My body aches from moving everything around. We also had to carry our 6th and first HQ cage all the way across the yard to clean in. It wasn't being used, so it was being stored. It's nice and clean and completely inhabited.

Love & Peace

-Megan

All our awesome books.


My uncle's dog, Chico. Believe it or not, he's 15!!

My uncle.


Enjoying some outside adventures.


Check out our awesome row of cages!

They look so much better now.

Now we just need to swap out cage sets!

No comments: