It starts on a high...

I was going into this week feeling so positive and encouraged, but that was quickly taken from me and thrown into the middle of the deepest ocean, never to be seen again. I hate when things like this happen, things that just drain the happiness from your life. It's so depressing.

You know what isn't depressing? Sugar glider joeys! Yes, I took to the joeys to clear my mind of worries a little while ago and managed to get some of the cutest pictures of them. Well, not the cutest -- the lighting and backdrop sucks, but the joeys themselves are super adorable, of course. Fili didn't want to cooperate at ALL! Like, he was flipping a bitch and wouldn't hold still. I wanted to strangle is tiny little body, but I refrained.

LaVaughn was prepping the ducks bath while I was finishing up photos. The ducklings are getting SO big, like insanely big. After some more of their adult feathers start to come in, they'll be moving down to the chicken coop with everyone else.

Definitely not until this feral raccoon is captured/killed... whichever comes first. My aunt came over last week and managed to find one and kill it. I know, it's terribly heartbreaking, but have you ever seen what a raccoon can do to a ground bird? Just go back through my blogs to June of last year and read about what happened to our 3 Welshies and one of our chicken. Not to mention what happened to poor Harley. He barely survived that attack, I don't think he would make it through another one.

So yes, I'm fine with my aunt killing them, as cruel as that sounds.

My mom, little brother, and Jess (my mom's beau) are planning on stopping by tomorrow. I'm not sure that they actually will, but you never know. It would be so nice to see them, considering it's been well over a year. It's sad...

Well I suppose I'm going to leave it at that. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Lucian











Lestat











Fili












Kili












The ducklings:




No comments: