Of hospitals and ducks...

My poor sister had to go to the hospital today for an MRI. She injured her neck somehow and has horrible problems with it. She finally convinced her doctor -- I kid you not, she had to convince her -- to schedule her for one.

Luckily, we were only in the hospital for around 25 minutes before we could leave. It took them no time to get her signed up and call her back. The actual MRI took no time, then we were on our way. We were both ecstatic that we made it out in such little time. We're both germaphobes and prefer to be around sickness as little as possible.

After we left the hospital we just had to stop by Captain D's for some of their lobster bites. It wasn't easy spending that much money on food, but man was it worth it! There's not much that satisfies like Captain D's, and we so rarely get to eat there, so we thought of it as a rare and special occasion.

We sat in the parking lot and ate, which I'm sure was weird for the passerby's, but it beat sitting inside with the 50 other 'fresh out of school/work' people that crowded inside the place. We played the "who drives that car" game for nearly 20 minutes. I know, we're incredibly lame, but it gave us something to do while we ate.

Then on the way home, we went out of our comfort zone of KGMO and station hopped. We even sang some Offspring, which is something we never do. Then we even jammed out to some rap. It was a very adventurous day for us, but it was fun and memorable.

We stopped in Ironton at the grocery store where I ran in and grabbed some Outshine Bars... they are to die for!! We started with the pineapple, then went to the strawberry, then we got out hands on the coconut ones! Holy hell, they are the most delicious things I've ever tasted in my entire life! I kid you not! we also got blood orange, but they're too grapefruit like, not my favorite.

Anyways, I grabbed another box of the coconut -- which we hate on the way home -- and some pineapple. I hate paying as much as we do for them, but it'll only last a while, then we'll probably never buy them again.

After we got home, fed the cats and the gliders, we decided to get our ducklings out for some bathtub fun. I love watching those little dicks play in the water, it's so entertaining. They'll be staying inside with us tonight, it's supposed to drop down to like 38 I believe. Since they outgrew their box, they've been staying out in the garage in a much larger cage with 2 heat lamps.

Well, I suppose that concludes our day. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

The ducklings, enjoying their bath:


















Kenneth


Jon


Samwell


Robb


Tyrion


No comments: