When you're alone and life is making you lonely...

My reason for lack of blogging yesterday was due to LaVaughn's MRI. I thought that's what she had done a week prior to today, but I was wrong -- obviously. MRI's are so tedious and long waiting. Especially for me, considering I had to sit in the waiting room all by my lonesome. I kept myself occupied by walking the halls, all the while getting weird looks... as if I'm going to steal something.

Two old guys even stopped me and asked what I was looking for. I noticed the weird looks I was receiving as they walked passed. When they got about 20 paces in front of me, they stopped -- in the middle of the hall, mind you -- and just stared at me. It was terrible and annoying. I mean yes, I appreciate that they were trying to help me, but come on!

I have to take my aunt to Poplar Bluff tomorrow to have an upper GI and colonoscopy. Wanna guess what time? Freaking 6:30... in the morning!! That's not what time we have to leave, that's what time she has to be there! ANYone who knows me (and LaVaughn) knows that I hate mornings.

I'm sure I'm going to stress myself out over it, like always. I can't help it, but I like to keep a schedule when it comes to sleeping and waking up. It's the only thing that helps me cope with my anxiety issues. I know I'm not alone in this, there has to be other people out there that deal with some of the same weird shit that I do. I'm sure everything will be fine, though. It's not the first time I've had to do something like this.

Remember back in 2012 when I had to take my uncle to Saint Louis in the AM? I didn't have to get up until 8, so it's not really the same, but it's close.

Off of that subject for a while! LaVaughn and I got Chinese takeout earlier today and went to Clearwater Dam to eat. We found a gorgeous little spot off the road to picnic that was away from all the fisherman. I already want to go back, lol. It was scorching hot when we first got to town, but it cooled down considerably by the time we made it to the damn. Otherwise, we wouldn't have been able to stand it.

Omg, I almost forgot! On our way to town (still on our gravel road) we found a tiny little sparrow on the side of the road. It was running around like a madman when we saw it, so of course we had to see if the little thing was okay. Apparently the little guy got separated from his parents -- at least that's what it seemed like. LaVaughn and I chased him down and held him until he calmed down a bit. Apparently his mad screams notified his mom, because a very large sparrow swooped down and landed in the middle of the road.

We released the kraken and he fled like his life depended on it! He completely bolted passed his mom and didn't look back. That's when she decided to take off after him, all the while screaming and trying to get his attention. After about 50 feet, he decided to stop and look back. Mother and son (or daughter) were finally reunited. It was precious.

Speaking of precious, LaVaughn and I got all of the body sprays that we ordered from Bath & Body Works today. Holy crap, they're awesome!! And they all smell just as good as we thought they would. They also come in very decorative bottles, which is a bonus. I have to say, the amount you get is what's most impressive. I can't wait to order more!

Well, I believe that's all for now. I better go enjoy what little bit of time I have left before I have to try and force myself to sleep. *gag*

Love & Peace

-Megan

Our Bath & Body Works package!

The contents...

And all the glorious Bath & Body Works body sprays.

The baby sparrow:


Isn't it the cutest!?





Dinner at the park:






Our Walking Dead playing cards:

I love that they're Daryl and Merle.


Some pictures of Sadie from last night:








And the joeys:








No comments: