You're still coming to work, right?

I feel like this speaks so much truth right now. My employers expect SO much from me and my fellow employees, it's completely and incredibly ridiculous! They expect us to risk our lives by driving in these treacherous conditions just so they wont have to work as hard. Cause god knows bosses don't like to actually work!

And the thing is, when I called yesterday to warn them that I probably wouldn't be in today, I offered to help find someone that could cover my shift. Super nice of me, right? Well when that person failed to provide, I was in the wrong? Excuse me... you're going to be pissy with me because someone doesn't want to come in a work today when there's nearly a foot of snow on the ground? I didn't even have to call anyone, I was doing it to be NICE! I still got hateful attitudes from people and it seriously pisses me off.

I tagged the assistant manager in the picture above on Facebook. I thought it was hilarious!

Now that I'm done bitching, I suppose I can talk about normal things for a while, like the fact that the mail actually ran today! Being in such a small town, our mail lady doesn't always risk postal deliveries in weather like this, but she did today. And just as I was hoping, Death Sentence arrived today! LaVaughn and I both have been desperately wanting to watch it. We have a copy that we bought NEW back in 2008 that won't work anymore, It's so weird because there's not a scratch on it.

The one that arrived today arrived in such terrible packaging. It's like they cut a strip from a cardboard box, wrapped the DVD in it (minus the top and bottom) and wrapped tape around it. Completely ridiculous! Luckily the DVD is in good shape, not including the cracked case.

I braved the cold and snow today for about 10 minutes so that I could walk around the yard and take some decent pictures that weren't just me peeking out of the door or window. I walked all over! I got some of the lake, our makeshift waterfall, the cats... you name it! It wasn't an easy task either -- the snow is up to my mid-calf.

This is where I depart. I have nearly 80 pictures that I've taken today, none of which will upload fast, so I need to get started.

Love & Peace

-Megan

I honestly don't feel like captioning any of these pictures, so here they all are:













































































No comments: