Like a river flows...

I feel like I should begin this blog by speaking about something grievous that happened yesterday. Charli and Tyler's little (leu?) boy passed away yesterday. He stopped nursing Monday night and showed absolutely no signs of being even slightly interested in doing so. I tried to supplement him 3 different times to no avail.

I knew the entire time his outcome would me grim. I was preparing myself for the fact that he was going die, there was just no way around it. I don't even try to be optimistic anymore -- it's pointless, isn't it?

I did a lot of thinking Monday night about the gliders and how comfortable I was with the numbers we're at now. I was evaluating our breeding gliders and seeing where I stood and how I felt about it anymore. At the time I was ready to neuter everyone and re-home a select number of gliders. I was just so hurt and distraught, I just didn't want to feel like that anymore.

After the waters have calmed, I've settled some and realized that I don't hate or despise having any of the gliders. I do, however, feel uncomfortable with the numbers of cages we have and would desperately like to combine a few. Which we're partially in the process of doing. Intros will be so much easier when we receive our tent from Sara -- it should arrive tomorrow! Yay!

It was cloudy and dim today, there were only a few stray sun rays that made it past the density of the clouds. It made for terrible pictures, but I still managed to get a few.

Speaking of, I nearly slipped up yesterday and failed to take one single photo with the camera. Thankfully I took a few pictures (and a couple slefies) on my phone. I would have probably killed myself -- or someone else -- had I not taken at least ONE picture yesterday. It's just so hard to remember to do so on days that I work. I try to grab the camera as soon as I get home and snap a picture of the cats or food... something!

I'm still shocked by the fact that I'm actually still doing a Project 365. I'm not uploading them every day, mind you, but I am taking them. ;)

I've wrote enough for a short novel today, so I bid you good readings. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

The kitchen window.

Gorgeous Bart on a cloudy day.


Random weeds, trees, branches, and flowers:




A decaying tulip.


Gotta have the Bleeding Heart plant.



A tulip in bloom.



Buckeye tree blooms.








Buckeye Tree leaves.









More bumblebee pictures.








The lake.



A bug I rescued.



No comments: