Feeling complete...

I've waiting for this since -- I honestly don't even know how long. Ever since I set out on my duckling endeavor, I've had my eyes peeled for goslings. Which, surprisingly enough, are hard to come by. It seems like everyone that had goslings were either not selling them, were sold out, or they wanted $20-$40 for them. None of which suited me.

Until today, that is. When I woke up, I was talking to my aunt and she told me that someone had goslings for sale. When she said they posted in the Wayne County group, I knew it was fate! After all, Wayne County is like 10 minutes away. As soon as she told me, I quickly grabbed my phone and started browsing the Facebook groups. Sure enough, there they were. They weren't the African/Chinese geese that I had originally wanted, but they were goslings and that was enough for me. 

I contacted the lady and asked if they had any available, their age, breed, and if they were sexed. She said she had 15 available -- no worries about not getting one, she wasn't sure if their sex, that they were Embden/Pilgrim mix, and that they were only a couple days old. #winning!

I told her that I for sure wanted two! She came back and was like, "I have to be in Piedmont by 3:30, not sure if you can meet me then or not." It must have been fate, because we were literally getting ready to go to town and pick up lawn chairs. I told her ABSOLUTELY yes and that we would meet her there, which we did.

She wanted to meet next to the feed store, which worked out perfectly because we needed to get some starter feed anyways.  Naturally, we got there about 15 minutes early which gave us plenty of time to go in and get our feed. And surprisingly enough, this chick was actually on time.  It's so rare that when we go to meet someone they're ever on time, I think it's only happened maybe once or twice in the past five years.

After we finished up there, we headed over to dollar store to pick up our new Adirondack chairs. The chairs are seriously some of the coolest things I've ever seen in my entire life. And they're honestly the most comfortable thing I've ever sat in before.  We've been eyeballing them for a few weeks now, but never took the plunge to get any. They have a few different colors, but the limegreen ones just really spoke to us. When I called today to ask how many they had,  the lady told me they had only three lime green ones. Coincidence? I think not, I think it was fate. I asked her if she would hold them for us and she was more than willing to.

There's a good possibility that I'm going to spend 90% of my day from those chairs.

After we finish up there, we headed over to Walmart where we grabbed our store pick up. As much as I hate to admit it, we ended up buying another PS4 controller. We've needed to get one for a while, but they're so expensive we put it off for as long as possible. At least it was with PayPal money, so it's like we didn't spend any money on it at all, LOL.

We grabbed a bite to eat after that and headed home, which is where we are now.  Just standing here, staring at the goslings. You know what they say, between love and madness lies obsession. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Here are the pictures from today:




Here they are! Say hello to Reese and Riley:






Cutest gosling ever!!




This gosling definitely isn't so bad either.









Here are our new Adirondack chairs:





And lastly, our new PS4 controller.

No comments: