It's the time of the season...

LaVaughn and I headed to Fredericktown today so that we could grocery shop. There are so many limitations here, the 45 minute drive to Fredericktown is worth it after you find all those hidden treasures that bigger markets have to offer. Like, for example, gnocchi and garbanzo beans. Simple, right? These should be a common shelf item at most stores, but not ours. Those are the things we like to grab while we're there.

We also get our hands on 80 ounces of honey -- a jar of honey that size makes 4 or more batches of HPW, so it lasts roughly a month. That's probably my favorite thing that the store has to offer. And you can't beat the $15 price either. Buying that much honey here would cost, on average, $20 -- maybe more. So it's a great deal in the long run. But honestly, who wants to spend that much money on honey? No one said gliders would be cheap.

We had to run by the feed store before we went grocery shopping. We originally got the goslings chick started, but we they were being reluctant in the eating department, I asked their breeder what she fed. That's when she pointed me in the direction of wild game bird starter. Apparently it has way more protein and isn't medicated, like the chick started. So naturally, that's what we got today. Surprisingly enough, it's around the same price of the chick starter.

On our drive to the feed store, we noticed that they were setting everything up for this weekends Azalea Festival. Fredericktown has done this ever since I can remember. I actually think my first memory of it was when I was 7 -- so 20 years ago... wow! We haven't gone in 10 years probably, so we're really considering it this year. A couple friends from work are going, one of my friends dad is playing Saturday until 11 -- he's a classic rock band, how awesome? And to top it all off, an old friend of LaVaughn's is going to be there. It's really a need to basis, but I still don't know if we'll go. More than likely we will, but you never know.

I suppose that's all for now. I think we're actually going to play Resident Evil today. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

This is what wild game bird starter looks like:




And this is what a months supply of outdoor cat food looks like:


No comments: