It can happen in a instance...

I guess I'll go ahead and start with the bad part of today. Actually it's worse than bad, it's terrible. My cousin, Brandi Pratt, passed away in a car accident this morning. Apparently her neck was snapped on impact and she was DOA at the hospital. She was a passenger in the car her half-sister was driving. She was on her way to the dentist, do something as normal as getting gas.

It's amazing how fast your life can be taken from you. You don't see it coming, you won't see it coming. It'll happen when you least expect it. She was in Jackson, MO driving on a road that I've driven on several times over the past year -- it could have been us.

Brandi and I used to spend a lot of time together when we were younger. Mostly summers at my aunt's house in middle of nowhere Fredericktown. I haven't spoken to her much over the last 15 years, so saying we weren't close is and understatement. Still, she was family and I loved her dearly.

I can't even begin to imagine what her mom and sisters are going through. Whether you pray, send good thoughts, think about, or meditate, please do it for my family -- especially her mother and sisters.

The rest of what I have to say seems obsolete now.

It was a very weird/random day today. LaVaughn and I did tent time with Declan, Ellie, and the two new girls, Saoirse and Ever.  Ellie was 100% in her element -- Declan, on the other hand, was a big coward and hid in my arms the entire time. Ever just hung out on the tent wall eating yoggies the majority of the day, while her sister, Saoirse, did the complete opposite. She was basically a wild woman that ran rampant in the tent!

Unfortunately no one got along, so back to their cages they went. We swapped pouches, so hopefully next time will be slightly better. I don't really have much else to say, so I suppose I'll leave it at that. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Completely random pictures from today:

I don't know how LaVaughn can see out of these glasses.



Super cute joey pictures:
Enzo




Esther






No comments: