Who doesn't love a good graveyard day...

Since today was such a beautiful day, I decided to head over to the Des Arc Cemetery and take some pictures. I also had to ship a couple cage sets today and the graveyard is on my way home, so I didn't necessarily go out of my way. I figured that the temperatures would be mild, considering the sun was out, but I was wrong. When I started walking around the graveyard, my face became numb shortly after, but that's not what made me leave.

What cause me to leave was a car of dick heads trolling around in their car. The graveyard is made up of a bunch of one lane roads which are nearly impossibly to go off of. So as soon as I saw the car pull up behind mine, I knew I would have to move it, which I did. After that, I drove to another section of the graveyard and parked. Not 3 minutes passed before I noticed that the same damn car was pulling up behind me again, so I moved. This happened once more before I eventually left.

Well, I suppose I've rambled enough for now, time for the pictures! Until next time, you know where to find me...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Song of the day: Lonesome Loser by Little River Band

Here are the pics:

Cemetery gate. This used to contain several graves that we're supposedly haunted and would rise up every year. I've actually witnessed it!

Sun ray through the trees.

This is a pretty cryptic cemetery gate shot.

Blackened cross.

Cemetery fencing.

A really, really old headstone.

LaVaughn's favorite picture.

The American Flag.

Another old headstone. This and the next few were taken from inside the car.

This one looks like it's going to fall over.

Same here.

And yet another old headstone.

Really pretty grave flowers.

An old outhouse.

Better shot of The American Flag.

The flag waving in the wind.

And lastly, a big ass lake behind the cemetery.

No comments: