Exciting things to come...

I can NEVER remember what I blog about sometimes. Did I mention this, did I post that? I honestly never know what I've blogged about sometimes and if I've said it 3 or 4, even 5 times! I'm going to go ahead and apologize for repeating this, if it's been mentioned already.

Okay, so a couple months ago a photo competition was held across 4 very large cat groups on Facebook. Before we go any further, yes, I'm a dork and belong to CAT Facebook groups. Anyways, you could submit as many photos as you'd like, you just had to pay $2 per entry. I ended up submitting either 4 or 5 pictures and, to my surprise, I actually won! They say the same person can win multiple times, but I didn't. Oh well, one is better than none!

The winners of the competition (there were 10 of us) got their cat pictures hand painted by artist Kate Daniels. She lives in Spain, or someplace like that. Well the girl that hosted the event lives in the UK and ended up picking up the pictures a few weeks ago and ended up sending them from her country because their mailing system is much better than hers. Long story short, the picture arrived today! It's unbelievable and I'm still in shock that I won and have a a HAND painted picture of Cersei! It's amazing, I can't even believe it. Now we just need to pick up a frame for it.

Aside from that arriving in the mail, our e-jackets also arrived. I ordered them from a glider lady last week, just as a precaution. LaVaughn and I actually talked about getting some a few weeks ago when we decided to get Boone neutered. They work wonders for gliders that SM their tails, cloaca, or anything in that region. I hope we never have to use them, but now we have a small, medium, and large one on hand just in case!

LaVaughn and I mentioned going to Poplar Bluff today, but I honestly didn't think we would. After we got up, had some coffee, fed the cats (and gliders), and took showers, we decided to go. We needed to get a cashiers check cashed at the bank up there anyways, so it was a have to type of thing.

We went straight to Walmart where we got our check cashed. We grabbed a couple little things for Angie's kids (treat bag, some toys, and candy) and some FROSTED SUGAR COOKIE creamer! Yes, they had it! We finished up there as quickly as possible and then rushed to Hasting's, where we had wanted to go all along. They had a "Buy 2 Get 1 For $1" sale, and we took FULL advantage! We ended up leaving with 9 glorious movies. It was so much fun, I loved it.

We used to buy movies all the time, then we found torrents and slowly stopped. Now that we have a PS4 and can't really watch any on the TV -- we're confined to the computer unless we burn them -- we've slowly started buying movies again. People stream everything anymore, either on Netflix or Hulu, so buying DVDs isn't all that expensive anymore.

We grabbed Taco Bell and a Moo Latte on the ride home and have been waist deep in movie-watching ever since.

I didn't think I had that much to talk about today. Apparently I did! Makes for a more interesting blog, so I'm not complaining. I guess that's all for now. I may cut a cage set out to (hopefully) sell tomorrow. Who knows...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Pictures from today:

Here are our sugar glider e-jackets.

Royal Mail. :D

The winners certificate.

And Cersei's GORGEOUSLY painted picture.

The rarely photographed, Toby.


Meh...

Our yard is stunning this time of the year.



Just look at that!

The old creeper.

Angie's kids treat bags

More of Norman from my phone:



Seamus in LaVaughn's shirt:



Just look at that face!



More pictures of the yard from my phone:

The yard is STUNNING in fall!




Mr. Bart.

The drive to Poplar Bluff:

Wicked sunset.


Frosted Sugar Cookie creamer!

Hasting's sale.

Our movie haul.

And lastly, my heaven... A wall of Pop! Funko!

No comments: