Words can't even...

We received some devastating news last night. Our little ringtail girl, Wanda, passed away. Milli has only had her for 8 days, it's unreal. She apparently started going downhill a few days ago and appeared to be suffering from a UTI, which was treated at the vet yesterday. Apparently she started doing a little better last night, then just did a complete 180 and started having seizures.

It just doesn't seem real, I'm so upset. Milli is heartbroken, of course, but I have this feeling of sadness that I can't shake. She's having a necropsy done next week, so hopefully that will shed some light on exactly what happened to her.

I wish we would have kept her like we originally wanted to go. I have so much regret, I can't even begin to describe the way I feel. I just feel sick.

As much as I really don't want to go, I must. I have to be at work in just over an hour, definitely not looking forward to a day of sadness and loss. Hopefully we'll be busy and I won't have time to think about anything that's going on.

-Megan

No comments: