Say hello to Skynyrd...

I went up to visit my aunt a little bit ago, only to find her questioning me about a turkey that was in the chicken coop. I told her I knew nothing of it, then she began to tell me that one of her friends, Leonard, brought him to her. The turkeys name, I believe, is going to be, Skynyrd. For obvious reason. He's a really, really pretty little guy. Well, he's not little, he quite large. He's also a younger turkey. He's either just under a year or just over, I can't remember. Anyway, he's awesome and I got some awesome pictures and a video of him.

In movie news, we watched a movie last night called Red State. It's a Kevin Smith film which automatically got our attention. He normally doesn't do horror or thriller, but I guess he thought he's try it out. And I have to say, he pulled it off. A lot of people frowned upon the concept of the movie, but I thought it was pretty good. A lot of truth behind it as well. There were a couple parts that made me go, "What the hell?" but it was all in good fun. Definitely worth the watch if you've got nothing better to do.

We also watched Wrong Turn 4. Yes, there's a 4th! I couldn't believe it when I saw it. It, like the other three, is about a bunch of hillbilly inbreds that murder and eat people. It's wasn't too bad, but definitely not one of my faves. The thing that sickened me the most was the group of people that starred in the movie. I mean seriously, you're that dumb? Halfway through the movie I started rooting for the inbreds in hope that they would murder and eat them all! Yes, they were that stupid. I know I sure as shit wouldn't want to be trapped in an asylum with that bunch. Like I said, not the best movie in the world, but it will definitely keep you entertained.

Well, I suppose that's all for now. Until next time, you know where to find me...

Love & Peace

-Megan

Song of the day: Rondo Alla Turca by Mozart

Here are the pics:


 One of his beautiful feathers after his wing was clipped.

 Exploring his new backyard.

I love this picture of him.

 Look at how pretty Miss Serafina is!



 Yup, that's Leo!



 What a pretty white winged turkey.

I believe he's a red and white turkey or something like that.


 "Is that a worm I see?"


 Gotta love the rooster close-ups.

 Look at Helen now!

 She's practically all black.

 Miss white silkie bantam. She still needs a name. Shall we call her Arwen?

 Rooster close-up...


 Hello Lady Arwen Silkie of Bantam :)


Now time for the video:


Bonus Gallery!

When the weather outside is frightful, we like to bring out neighbor's cat, Charlie, inside so that he can get warm and cozy. This was the case last night. And... well, I'm just going to let the pictures speak for themselves:







I think it's safe to say he enjoyed himself...  :)

No comments: