My dearest uncle...

I received the terrible and heartbreaking news that my uncle Donald passed away last night. My aunt was notified 30 minutes after it happened, which is when I found out at well. LaVaughn and I were visiting her at the time when she received the news. I'm glad we were -- she was completely heartbroken and could barely talk.

This is a man that I spend SO much of my childhood with. I used to summer in Florida with him all the time. He taught me how to ride a 4-wheeler (and a 3-wheeler), he taught me how to dumpster dive (it's sad, but true and something I haven't done since), he let me taste cantaloupe for the first time, and I also picked and sold fruit with him for the first time.

I have so many good memories with him. He was so kind, warm, and welcoming. It breaks my heart that I haven't got to see him in a few years. Luckily I just talked to him a few weeks ago, that helps. I'm still kind of in shock and trying to wrap my head around the fact that he's actually gone.

It doesn't help matters much that today marks the 8th anniversary of my dad's death. January 27th sticks out like a sore thumb to me anymore. It's just a sad day that I want to be over already.

It doesn't help that I have to work in a couple hours. Speaking of, I should probably stop blogging and take a shower. It'll be 4 before I know it.

Rest in peace, Uncle Donald. You will be greatly and forever missed....

-Megan

An old, old picture of me and my uncle Donald.

And just because today is my dad's death anniversary, he's a super handsome picture of my daddy. <3 p="">

No comments: