Not how I want to start the year...

Sally's health is declining fast, it's to the point where she can only eat pureed foods or extremely soft foods. She has pretty bad jaw distortion due to the tumor, which is cause her problems when she eats. She also has a small abscess/infection pocket just off from her tumor -- it's just all around bad.

Since we've been giving her baby food, she seems to have perked up quite a bit. She still sleeps most of the day, but she definitely knows when it's food time. As of right now, we're giving her something different about 3-4 times a day. I want her to eat as much as she can so that she can keep her energy up. The baby food is a BIG hit, so we're mainly going to stick with that.

Of course, she gets special treats like vanilla pudding -- some occasional chocolate pudding -- and all kinds of random soaked foods, like vanilla wafers and so on.

I find myself in tears at the mere sight of her anymore. Especially when she comes up to me and tried to groom me... it's killing me. I can barely keep from crying as we speak. I just think of when she was a baby and how much she loved being out on us or just licking our fingers through the cage bars. Part of me is dying the worse her illness progressing. I can't even bring myself to think about having her put down -- I just don't think I have it in me. There's just nothing else we can do for her, we've done everything we can via the vet.

It's just not fair that rats have to suffer so much in such a short amount of time... it's just NOT fair.

I really don't have much else to say, other than the fact that the new year has started off just... sickly. I know things could be worse -- extremely grateful they're not -- so I am thankful for that, but things could most definitely be different. Here's to 363 days that are better than now.

Also, my aunt stopped by today with her puppies, so there are a couple pictures of her and them at the bottom...

Love & Peace

-Megan





I swear I think Milla is rolling her eyes here.




Poor Una had to have an Aveeno Oatmeal bath today:










A visit from the bestest aunt and her puppies:





Chloe and Boone's joeys:



Sally's meal lineup.




Finally time to transfer things from the the 350GB HDD to the 1TB HDD. You can imagine my excitement when I had to transfer over 30,000 pictures, 3,000 songs, and 100+ movies and TV Shows.

No comments: