An update of sorts...

I guess I'll start with the obvious... our neighbor's (aunt and uncle) dogs killed our turkey, Lilith. I;m beyond pissed and at a complete loss. I had to call my aunt -- the one in the hospital -- and inform her. Since they're her dogs and she claims the yard fowl as well, I thought she needed to know. It's safe to say she was pissed.

They need to go to a new home. I honestly think that's what it's coming to, as much as I hate to say it.

It's been so nasty today, rainy and humid. I didn't want to do anything except stay inside and pretend it wasn't completely disgusting out. But that wasn't how everything played out. We ended up going town to pay a couple bills and pick up some necessities, like pet food. This seems to be an every other day thing anymore. BUT, we are feeding 3 additional mouths at the moment. And those 3 mouths happen to be the mouths of 3 large dogs, so yeah, we go through a lot of food.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions -- no, we didn't adopt new dogs. We're currently caring for my aunt's pets while she's in the hospital.

Since I've been on "vacation" from work for over a week, I've not been privy to the foods that McDonald's has acquired. Apparently in the short time I've been away, they've come up with 3 new burgers -- third pound sirloin burgers! Since it was late when we were leaving town, we decided to try one. Of course, we got the one with the most veggie toppings, the lettuce and tomato one. There are two others, the steakhouse and the bacon. Not sure how those will be. I can comment on how lovely the lettuce and tomato one was, though.

The weather did clear up enough this evening so that I could get a few crappy pictures of the joeys. I've been slacking SO much lately, but I'm sure their new mama's understand, considering. I did get some okay ones today, hopefully enough to hold them over until next week sometime.

I also took a million pictures of some weeds. I don't know what it was about them, but they were beautiful and the pictures turned out pretty awesome.

Now it's time to finish my nightly chores, so I suppose I'll leave it at that...

Love & Peace

-Megan

The reason we're broke:



The aftermath of Lilith's unjust murder:



The culprits:


Randomness from around the yard:












Joey pictures!

Esther


















Enzo













More musings from around the yard:




















The camera spazzed out during this pictures. It's WAY over exposed, but still pretty cool looking.


No comments: