Yesterday, all my troubles seem so far away...

Words cannot express how thankful I am that yesterday is over! What seemed like a never ending day came to a halt at around 8 PM last night -- which was when everything was said and done.

I got a call from my aunt last night informing me that her arrival time had been moved from 11 AM to 9 AM. Not cool on so many levels -- do they realize how far away she is? So that pushed our wake-up from 10 to 8... you can imagine my excitement. The duration of Monday night was stressful and worrisome. I found it hard to enjoy myself knowing that my aunt was going to be sliced open the next day. SO many things were going through my head.

LaVaughn and I forced ourselves to go to bed at 3 AM, making for a very sleepy 8 AM wake-up. As soon as we heard the alarm, we jumped up as if we'd been up all night and started packing. She jumped in the shower while I gathered our remaining items that we had strung across the hotel room. We switched roles about 10 minutes later, allowing me time to shower and her time to make sure we weren't forgetting anything -- I'm terrible at that.

We somehow managed to carry EVERYTHING that we had in our hotel room down to the car in ONE trip! I'm still kind of impressed, but my arms sure aren't. We made it to the hospital -- which is less than 5 minutes away -- by 8:45 and met my aunt and uncle in the waiting room. He still couldn't believe that we managed to get up at 8, shower, pack, and make it to the hospital in such short time. Little does he know that's how we always are.

They ended up taking my aunt back to pre-op just a few minutes after 9. They said it would be about an hour, then they would call us back and we could sit with her until her surgery was over. That hour came and went and the clock was nearing 10:30. We all got a little paranoid that she had been taken back to surgery, so my uncle asked someone at the receptionist desk to call back and check. Apparently all was good and they let us go back. We all let out a big sigh of relief.

We made it to the pre-op room and sat with her from 10:30 until nearly 2!! She was supposed to be taken back around 11:30, but apparently there was some type of complication with a surgery before her -- so they say. We said our goodbyes and made our way back to the waiting room. We all went down to the cafe where we ate. My uncle ate like his meal of the day, LaVaughn and I snacked on some disgusting cottage cheese and pineapple... I'm still not completely recovered from that.

We got a call just after 3 that they had started her surgery. Then the waiting game began. LaVaughn and I paced the halls for over an hour. We would sit for a while, walk all the way out to the car, come back in and sit, walk the halls some more, walk to the chapel, sit some more, and so on. This went on from 3 until 7.

Her surgery was done just after 5, then we all got to sit and talk to her doctor. After that we made all the appropriate calls to notify everyone that she was okay and that the surgery went well.

They said she would be in the recovery room for an hour, maybe a little over. Of course, as our luck would have it, she was in recovery from 5 until 7:30. Since we had a 2 hour drive home, we only stayed for about 20 more minutes after she made it to her room, then we left.

We made it home by 10:30, had all the animals fed, laundry started, and coffee made less than an hour later. Saying we were exhausted is an understatement! I passed out a couple different times last night, but finally had to call it a night around 4 AM.

I woke up just before noon today feeling majority refreshed! I've already started finishing the laundry, put away the dishes, fed the cats, dog, chickens, wiped the counters odd, and now I'm doing nothing, lol. I have to finish the laundry and clean the gosling cage next, then I need to clean the rat cage... if I feel like it. As of right now I don't want to do anything other than blog and sit. I do believe I'm going to leave it at that, though. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

These are pictures from the hotel yesterday morning, it's not much:

This was our Terra Green supplies via the hotel.


Not sure why, but I loved the lighting.

I took several pictures on my phone yesterday, but nothing important.

No comments: