Be not so fearful...

Oh what a weekend it was! I've been off for a considerable amount of time over this past month, working only a few days a week and almost never back to back. When you're the only person with a valid drivers license and 2 people to take here and there, it's to be expected. Needless to say working two almost 9 hours days back to back (standing 97% of the time) over the weekend nearly killed me! I was so sore last night, I could barely walk. It was murder.

My "good day" of driving my new car to work Saturday came to a screeching halt not 3 hours into my shift. I made the mistake of leaving my phone -- inside it's case -- on top of the bun rack while I was working in the grill. Lisa, someone I'm quite fond of, accidentally knock my phone off of the rack where it fell out of it's case FACE first onto the floor. When she kneeled  to pick it up, it was only horror and carnage when she turned it over.

The screen was completely shattered when she turned it over, I just knew it was wrecked. To my surprise, it came back on! I let myself out for a few minutes so that I could call my uncle (the AT&T phone savvy guy) and have him call AT&T and see what they could do. Long story short, they're sending me a new phone via 2-day shipping. It's going to cost me $150, that's WITH insurance.

There is a little light at the end of the tunnel. I'm getting a 32 GB phone instead of my original 16 GB. Apparently they're out of the 16 GBs and have to replace it as close to the original as possible. The same thing happened in the store when we were first getting our phones. We were going to get 8 GB phones, but they only had 16 GB in the white, so they had to give us that at no extra cost. Like I said, small light, but a light all the same.

In duckling news, LaVaughn and I have decided to keep ALL the baby ducks.. no joke. They're all SO sweet and love us so much -- we've imprinted on them. I couldn't imagine parting with any of them, honestly. They're all getting so big, and fast! It wont be long until we can introduce them to water and mealworms! The rest of the eggs hatched out yesterday, so now we're the proud "mommies" of 9 beautiful baby ducks of all colors and sizes!

Speaking of mealworms, our 2000 that we ordered from Rainbow Mealworms arrived Friday (or Saturday?) and low and behold, a lot of them were dead or had morphed into pupae. I contacted them about our order being 8 days late and they said that they were going to replace them. We shall see I suppose.

While I was at work Saturday, LaVaughn let the baby geese out of their mini cage for a while. Needless to say they loved it! And for some reason they follow LaVaughn around all over the place. I'm sure this won't last forever, especially when they're introduced to the ducks -- who are all skittish cowards. Maybe not, though, geese are the smarter of the two.

It was a beautiful day today and since we didn't clean cages (or the glider room) like I originally wanted, I decided to take joey pictures once we got back from town. It's been what seems like forever since I've taken any, so I wanted to make sure and do it while I had a chance. Cause tomorrow it's SO on for cleaning the room. While I'm on the subject of joeys, they only have a couple more weeks with us before they can go home to their new mommies. I'm sad, but I'm also happy. It's an expect conflict that I'm faced with every time.

Speaking of gliders, the girls we got from Tracy absolutely HATE us! No joke! I don't know what it is, but they do not like us. They do okay when they're outside of their pouch, but they're still not too fond of us. Every time we enter the room, they scream and crab and scream and crab. I don't know what's going to become of them. :(

Well, I guess that's enough of an update for now. There's not much of the day left, so I'm going to end this here...

Love & Peace

-Megan


Pictures from Saturday:

My hideous, cracked iPhone 5C... sad face.

  
It's bad! Really bad...
  

Now for pictures of Zoe and the ducklings: 














And Una...


















My poor sick kitty. :(




 Pictures from Sunday:

Mealworm bedding.


Our sack of worms.


Our sickly looking worms.



Pictures from today: 




Our flock is so beautiful!



I seriously love our chickens.


The beastly ducks.


Reese and Riley enjoying complete freedom for the first time:










They're so awesome.






See, they follow LaVaughn.








Sugar Glider joey pictures!

Esther



















Enzo




















Now for some dog randomness:



Not sure why these pictures of Milla are sideways:





  


The beautiful Chevy Impala:














And lastly, a box of cute ducklings:






No comments: