Azalea Festival 2015

Well it's official, we survived the Azalea Festival -- I honestly didn't think we would at times. There were just SO many people there... people we knew! Not to mention, it was hot! When I woke up today it felt awesome outside, almost chilly. It's like Mother Nature knew we would be outside today and amped up the heater. It didn't help that I was wearing a sweater -- super thin, but a sweater all the same.

Upon arrival we immediately thought of leaving. The people were in abundance and it was hot, not to mention we got there just before 4, which was a tad too early. We stuck it out and stayed.

We walked around and surveyed the entire carnival before deciding what to do next. I took pictures of all the rides, people, more rides, more people, then the craft sections. I even took pictures of more rides after that.

We knew there were going to be some familiar faces there, but not half as many as we suspected. LaVaughn saw a friend that she used to go to school with -- someone she talks to online almost daily, we saw our cousin Tiffany, her two kids and her husband. I guess she un-friended me on FB, because I can't tag her in the pictures I took. Oh well, her loss. We also ran into two of our other cousins and their kids. Aside from them, I saw a guy I used to work with and I'm pretty sure I saw a girl I went to school with in 6th grade, I'm not too sure about that.

We ended up buying 22 tickets for $20 -- wanna guess how many rides we rode? One, just one. We rode Pharaoh's Fury together one time... it was terrible. I thought I was going to fall out of my seat, had it not been so unbelievably snug. Why do people put themselves through that?? Lol, it was horrible! We ended up selling the remainder of our tickets and leaving.

Not before grabbing a funnel cake and strawberry shake-up for the dumbfounding price of $20! Those people seriously have to all leave rich, no joke. We didn't even bother getting food there, we went to Dairy Bar and Hardee's for food. Which took forever, I might add. EVERY single place in Fredericktown was packed.

So here I am, at home, trying to wind down from all the excitement today had to offer. I'm also in the process of booking a hotel room for tomorrow and Monday via Priceline. So far they're considerably cheaper than just going to a hotel... AND you can use Paypal! How awesome is that?? Until next time..;

Love & Peace

-Megan

It was considerable harder than I thought it would be to downsize the amount of pictures I took. I did, though. I somehow managed to get them from 230+ down to just 114, enjoy!

The field parking lot: 


The hoard of people:







Some of the fair rides:

The Predator

Pharaoh's Fury

This is what we rode. And per LaVaughn's request, we sat in the very back.
  


Cliff Hanger

Never would I ever do this.

These people looked so dorky.




I imagine it's fun, though.




Can't leave out lawnmower racing:






The super adorable (and friendly) man on stilts:




Look at that, he smiled!

The Round-Up

Swings


Classic Ferris Wheel



The Octopus


Concession stand.




LaVaughn's friend Angie and her two kids:








This is the girl I think I went to school with! Her name was Amber... I swear this has to be her.




The crafts section:


Homemade root beer that we didn't get. :(









Awesome spoon rings.

But they wanted $10 per ring.. no thanks.



They apparently sold the spoon part as well.

Hanging flower things.

The band:

I'm pretty sure this is Kaylea's dad.

They didn't sing classic rock, though.

The Azalea Festival fiddle player.












It's called the Starship 3000 now.

Scrambler






These guys were hysterical!



This bug totally singled LaVaughn out and landed on her back. Of course, I saved it/her:




That's Easton in the glasses, I used to work with him.










And lastly, here are Tiffany's kids:


She smiled! How adorable. :)



Her little boy is super cute too.


Here's are a few pictures from my phone:
















No comments: