The Ugly Duckling...

I honestly don't get how people think goslings are ugly. This brings me to the short story, "The Ugly Duckling", which ironically enough, isn't about ducks, but I guess that's kind of the whole point of the story. Anyways, back to what I was originally saying, goslings, ducklings, and cygnets are FAR from ugly -- they're probably some of the cutest creatures I've ever seen. I think it's so unfair to use such a cute critter in such a harsh story.

I got WAY sidetracked, but it's fitting so I'll run with it. Since the weather cleared up extremely well this evening we decided to sit the goslings outside for a while. They most definitely needed some grass and sunshine! After an hour or so, we took Sookie's play pen outside and let them play in that -- us nearly inside with them, of course. It was the perfected opportunity to get out of the house for a while, not to mention the perfect photo-op!

Speaking of, I took nearly 100 pictures of the goslings alone today. I know, I'm terrible.

It's so nice to have everything done for the night -- even more exciting, 10 minutes for me to blog! I'm starting to get caffeine withdraws, so I think it's time for coffee. Until next time...

Love & Peace

-Megan

These are pictures from early this morning (like 1 AM early). I took these while I was sitting outside talking to Doug: 

No flash, just the light pole and tweaked camera settings.



Time for gosling (and other) cuteness:

Here's Reese and Riley!







Gotta get a picture of Toby, of course.

And this pretty girl.

She was extremely curious as to what the goslings were.

As was Toby.

But he was more interested in us.

He wasn't completely opposed to seeing what the goslings were up to, though.













Have the goslings not gotten huge??

It's like they grow half an inch every 12 hours!





See how awesome the gosling playpen area was?


As you can tell, they enjoyed it thoroughly!



Like I said, it allowed for awesome photo-ops.

Like this one.



And this one.















Who's a pretty gosling?








Time to clean!









Now it's time for a nap.



Gotta love nap time.









No comments: