Day two of working... I'm still alive!!

Well today was my second day working at McDonald's. I wasn't as nervous this time around, but, of course, I still was. I think I get more nervous at home than when I'm there. I guess it's kind of like going to school; you dread going and will do almost anything to get out of it, but after you're there, it's better... kind of, lol.

I got a little more of the register down today... thankfully! I think I might finally be able to add and take away burger toppings without asking for help! At least I hope! I took a lot more orders by myself today, but Kim was still close by. I also baked cookies and pies ALL by myself! I was proud! Aside from that, I also emptied fries into the warmer, learned how to salt them, and even cleaned the top of the oil! You know, the stuff that clings to the top of the grease? Yeah, not fun, lol. Aside from food, I also made a couple shakes and a frappe I believe. Those all kind of jumble together still.

I also filled the mop bucket by myself, stocked the condiments, lids, and cups! I was all over today!

I stood and walked the entire 3 hours today, so my feet are a little more sore than they were Tuesday, but they're not too bad. I'm sure I'll get used to that in no time.

I still can't help but get nervous and worry about how I'm going to do the next day. I worry that I'm not going to get the register down completely and forget how to make special drinks. Like I said, it's less stressful when I get there, but I can't help but worry at home. I'm a mess. And to top everything off... Kim only works until 3 tomorrow and I work until 4!! *tears hear out* I don't know what I'll do for the hour by myself. :(

Enough work talk.

We're getting ready to go visit said family members for a little while. They're going back home tomorrow, so we need to squeeze in some more time with them. Plus we need to take the joeys over for one last groping. Sigh... I hate saying goodbyes. Perhaps I'll say something like, "See you in a couple weeks!" Who knows.

Love & Peace

-Megan

Updated with pictures!!

Full Moon

LaVaughn's Humming Bird Feeder

Nala sleeping in said family member's hand.

Doesn't she look so cute!?


No comments: