What's another word for BEYOND EXCITED!?

Okay, so yesterday I get up, do my normal thing, and then decide to give a certain workplace a call to check up on my application. I asked for the manager and got to talk to her right away. I then began to tell her that she said to give her a call if I hadn't heard from her in about week.

Her response, "Oh yeah. Do you think you could make it here by 4:00 for orientation?" Um, of course I can! When I finally picked my jaw up off the floor, I responded with a very enthusiastic, "Yes, yes I can!"

It was around 2:00 when I called, so I hurried up and took a shower. Even though I figured I would be, I actually wasn't too nervous. Even on the long drive there -- what seemed like a long drive, anyway -- I wasn't nervous. I got semi nervous when I pulled up, but still not too bad.

I went inside and told them why I was there. They pointed me to a section where I could sit for a while, next to another guy that was waiting for orientation as well. It was about 4:30 before we got called back. After we filled out a MILLION papers, the girl started going over things. She did this until about 6, or a little after. Then came the training videos. The glorious, glorious training videos. That went on until 7:25, when we were clocked out and could leave. And yes, we got paid for it!

So it's official... I got a JOB!! And this is only two weeks after my first interview! Screw you McDonald's of Piedmont!! I have to call Monday evening to see if I start next week. If not, it will be the week after for sure. I can't wait!

Okay, enough job talk. Even thought I'm stoked about it.

There is a downside to all this excitement... I'm sick. Last night around midnight, I got a horrible sore throat. It hurt all night. It's mildly hurting now, but not as bad as it was. I'm gargling in salt water and vinegar water every little bit. I've also moved the whiskey bottle next to the couch. You'd be amazed at how well that helps a sore throat! I just hope it isn't a week long thing. It would be horrible to start work with a sore throat!

Okay, in more exciting news! We finally introduced the ducklings to a full tub of water! And boy did they love it! The little boy -- who we're thinking of naming Roman -- was the first to go under the water and swim. It was SO awesome to watch! They all loved it though. We held them all in towels for about 30 minutes after and then let them play around in the bathroom and eat peas. They played and ate and then fell asleep on us for a while. It was precious.

Okay, well I'm going to go suck some more chicken broth down to ease my throat.

Love & Peace

-Megan

 This is a little wooden fishing girl that my aunt got from one of her clients.

It balances so easily on the edge of things!

Here's the worm on the end of the hook.

And now time for the ducklings playing in water:












And lastly, a video... or three!


These next two videos were taken a while back, but I forgot to share them. So, here you go!


No comments: